Sunday, August 22, 2010

Experiencing God At A Tea Party?

The main stream media wanted to paint the Tea Party People as extremist, racist, and possibly even violent. We've been hearing that for months, but that wasn't what I experienced at the April 15, 2010, Tea Parties in Enterprise or Dothan, AL. In fact one thing that happened in Enterprise truly touched me to the point of getting teary eyed. It was the prayer at the beginning of the meeting by Deborah Irby.... a true prayer of intercession for our nation, full of scripture, calls for repentance and asking for God's mercy on this nation. Here's a link to it here:


http://www.facebook.com/JudgeRoyMoore#!/note.php?note_id=382855402277&id=1328534048&ref=nf

Toward the end of her prayer, she started saying the Lord’s Prayer and everyone in the audience spontaneously began to say it with her. I haven't heard the Lord's Prayer prayed in a public setting (other than church) since I was in high school.

Do any of you remember when almost every public assembly began with the Lord's Prayer? You COULD read the Bible in school. Now we have people being taken to court for praying in Jesus name, having the Ten Commandments posted or losing their jobs because they wore some sort of Christian symbol. We've tried to remove God out of almost all public settings other than church. It's affecting us and even more important, our children are being affected.  We've lost the awe and fear of the Lord. Seeing and hearing the Lord's Prayer and the Ten Commandments often and in plenty of different settings helped to give most in my generation an awareness of God, a higher power, an appreciation and gratefulness for all that was around us....so as I listened to all of us praying that prayer, I had goose bumps and tears began to fill my eyes.....I knew God was pleased. I could almost sense His pleasure. He so wants us to welcome Him back in the public square. It's so hard to describe...It felt like coming home to something that felt so familiar and good.

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
-2 Chronicles 7:14

No comments:

Post a Comment